Monday, April 28, 2025

Happy Easter!

He has risen!
The eggs are hidden and the food is cooking. The Messiah is playing=The calm before the storm.
The kids will start trickling over to my parent's house from Hunt&Sarah's place. 
We got her eThursday night and went straight to the Mesa Easter Pageant. Brought back so many memories from when they were kids.

 Fortunately, we got VIP seating up front with Lex and Jon. That night we all went back to hang out at my parent's house. Hanging out with family is my #1 favorite thing to do. Lex and Sarah and I sequestered ourselves for a few of Lex's on-call visits and we talked about medical things: important things like priapism and catheter-induced epispadius. Then, I ran out and pantsed Esie, which was glorious. She absolutely fell to the floor in front of the whole family in a fit of giggling and then tried to tackle me.

The next morning, we did baptisms and then got breakfast.
Chillin' with the family is always the best part. 
The teenaged girls put make-up on their stomachs: contoured abs was the look of the day.
The little girls also had a heyday with makeup which turned into raccoon eyes after swimming.
The teenagers bought this $13 kiddie pool that they wanted to use as a raft. I told them that this might be the last picture of them alive. The pool looked so flimsy that I was sure it would fold up on them and suffocate them at the bottom of the pool.
Claire was the guinea pig and she took her job seriously:

Rub a dub dub, 3 girls in a tub.
They actually fit 6 girls in it that night.
My mom and I had a beautiful 4-miler to the Riparian Preserve.
Manly men workout
On Saturday afternoon, we assembled about 90 sack lunches and distributed them to homeless people.
Then we came home and dyed eggs.

Esie teaching Claire stick shift.
Right after this picture, the car jerked forward quite suddenly.
BBQ
Largest size at Bahama Bucks with all the add-ins.
Grandma love
Easter hunt line up
The hunt degenerated

There's a viral ice water challenge that the girls all did
On the way home, David got pulled over for going 98 miles per hour. The cop said that if it were 100mph, he would have been sent to jail. As I was tucking Sybil in that night, she said, "Is dad going to jail?" 
Then the truth came out: "Mom, I saw him going 108mph, and I whispered, 'go faster, go faster!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...