Sunday, May 4, 2025

New Orleans and more

Last weekend, we left the kids at home alone for the first time. 
Iris catching a ride home from a friend on her bike:

Sybil FaceTiming us before school. We were with Abuelo for his procedure.

The girls went to a service project and brought Sybil even though she was too young to attend.
The reason for our travels: Abuelo's 97th birthday.
David asked Abuelo why he eats before Macu.
"Soy el Rey."
We went for a drive around memory lane. Here are some of the memories we had:
Abuelo: that's where we bought Guayaba patreid from the Mexican grocery store. 
Me: That's the house where I met Abuela and Abuelo for the first time, sitting in their kitchen as a 14 year old, being offered food, trying to pick out words in the unfamiliar Cuban Spanish.
Abuelo: That's where I voted for the first time
David: That's where I jumped off the roof.
Abuelo: That's where I got my first ar stollen.
Abuelo: That's where I voted for the first time.

I was texted a picture of Elijah by a tourist from Utah. Thank goodness, because he no longer sends pictures in his weekly emails. I think he doesn't like his buzz cut, but continues to do it out of solidarity with his district.
David got the girls colorful bath bombs from NOLA

Iris' musical Mean Girls. She volunteered to be a techy for the drama club, but ended up being in the chorus and playing 4 characters.
Mack asking Claire to the prom:
Both Claire and Iris threw parties at our house while we were gone per my instructions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...