Sunday, April 13, 2025

SYBIL=10

Vegas is glorious right now! I feel guilty every minute I'm inside; not only because it's so beautiful now, but because I know the inferno that comes soon.

After decades of work, David qualified for Boston Marathon with a sub-3 hour marathon!
We were so grateful to have his parents here to celebrate with us.
Notice his shirt. He wears this shirt a lot and he wears it with pride.
Fortunately, nobody has made any negative political comments to him yet, but he has had several people try to talk to him in Hebrew.
GG and Pops were here while David was in AZ for work and I was getting ing in some clinical hours.
Fortunately, it was the same weekend as David's marathon, General Conference, AND...
Sybil's birthday. DOUBLE DIGIT AGE!
She invited 4 of her best friends and we played about a dozen games.
This was "my makeup artist is blind."

This was "sticking cheese puffs to your shaving cream head."

Find the gummy worms in whipped cream
The night ended in hot tub and then doorbell ditching some boys in our neighborhood.
What Sybil wants to be when she grows up: "one of those people who mixes potions together"
Favorite book: Judy Blume books
Favorite memory from the past year: Paris
Making General Conference Beignets:
General Conference birthday candy sorting
Iris had 2 end-of the school year concerts this week.
selfie with the dog. These 2 are the same age.
Sybil's quote from this weekend: I like the smell when I pee on myself. It smells like popcorn and bacon.

Yesterday we had a very special experience. We were invited to a Jewish Passover Seder dinner. We went through Ellie Wiesel's Passover Haggadah book, ate bitter herbs (the girls definitely perked up with the horseradish), sang Hebrew songs, read about the Egyptian escape from Pharaoh, washed our hands several times, broke matzah, and met so many wonderful people. Iris found the afikomen and our host bought it from her for $100! They also gave us one of the Haggadah books. I hope to continue this tradition.
One of my favorite parts was that every table had a plate for the absent Elijah. It made me think of my absent Elijah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...