Sunday, August 10, 2025

Celebration of Iris

This was one of the highlights of last Sunday. I sat in the corner of my parent's office and watched my mom catch up on reading the blog. She asked questions, giggled, grunted, corrected my spelling and grammar, and noted that Sybil is officially in the tween stage of crusty expressions.

Of course, my parents' house turned into a den of pantsing and wedgies. These two remarked that they enjoyed wedgies, but the ensuing rug burns on their butts told a different story. 
2 firsts are marked by the following picture:
1) Hunt asked me to take a picture of him
2) The reason Hunt wanted a picture was because this was the only time in history that Hunt was more dressed up than David. It was Hunt's first day directing after being called into the bishopric.

David said that he's old enough that potential injury is not worth the glory.
Therefore, arm wrestling has been passed down to the next generation. 
Birthday celebrations:
Iris = 15
Fernando = 39
Sybil Elizabeth Udall = 111
Sybil often asks me if she can have the Udall's Vespa when they die.
The main reason for the trip to AZ was a bday present for Iris:
a little boy band from Utah: Riff Wood.
These girls got matching outfits for the concert:
Claire and Esie made a sign stating that there was a bday girl in the bar so Iris got a serenade by the band and the whole audience. After the concert, they waited in the merch line to talk to the cute band members. Esie was bold enough to ask one of them if she could get his number if she did the Worm. She got the  number. I'm pretty sure I taught her that move.
Next birthday event for Iris: watching the Legally Blonde musical at the outdoor theater in Red Rock.
Of course I had her birthday announced there and screamed her name for everyone to hear. 
On her birthday, she wanted to get all of her birthday freebies: Starbucks, Ulta, Sephora. She invited a hoard of teenagers over to eat pizza and hot tub that night.

I loved listening to Elijah talk to my mom last Monday. He talked about his love for Bible bashing, even though he admitted he shouldn't do it. He said he went up against a man who had been studying the Bible:
 "longer than I've been alive! And I totally won--he was so mad!"
He also talked about the challenges of being a Zone leader: missionaries serving who don't necessarily want to be there. Elijah said, "I change their view of the mission from serving out of a sense of obligation to something that is exciting, so they get FOMO."
And then he explained FOMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...