Monday, January 15, 2024

Birthday weekend

 It's my birthday so I'm gifting myself not having to finish Christmas posting right now. Here are a few pics of my birthday weekend: 

These awesome people went to the temple...
...while I almost died. 
18.5 miles was not fun. 
Running along the flat levee at sea level in Nola is so much better than hilly Summerlin.
I made a salt platypus head on my hat:
That evening, we had another teenager driving incident.
Claire's first time on the road didn't end well. 
We made her drive the next day.
Church at nine am means we had time for copious meetings, ice cream with friends, 
and then family hot tub night!
Today is my actual birthday. 
Started with a run and then a drive to Lake Las Vegas:
This is part of my strategy to get Claire to come back home. 
She said she couldn't live without rowing, which she has fallen in love with in Natchitoches.
So, we found rowing here.
We'll see if my plan works.
 I came home and all of the dirty dishes magically disappeared and I took a yummy nap.
Sybil and I practiced piano, but she didn't take any of the nastiness out of it for my birthday.
But...Elijah and I are about to play ping pong and he's going to let me score the game however I want.
E: That hit your paddle.
Birthday girl: No it didn't, it's my birthday.
Tonight we are going to see Blue Man Group and eat sushi.
I'm going to require everyone to try something new and eat a vegetable. 
Compliance is mandatory on my birthday, but honestly not expected, 
especially from the stubborn little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...