Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Iris = double digits

If there is one thing Iris is obsessed with, it's the dog. She talks about Porfirio incessantly and takes several minutes to explain all things "Porfirio" including the exact breakdown of his bread. Whereas I would just say "mut" when asked his breed, she says: "37.5% Labrador retriever, 12.5% chow chow, 12.5% Australian cattle dog, 12.5% Chinese sharpei, 12.5% vizla, 12.5% other breed groups." 

Rest assured, he shares the love. In fact, he and I are both bleeding this morning because while I was taking him for his daily bike/run, he saw Iris who was out for her run, started sprinting towards her, and cut right in front of my bike to get to her. I gracefully sprawled out across the middle of the street. 

Iris loves playing the game of life. Last week I heard her playing with friends in the other room, screaming “My husband will play the bass!” several times emphatically. "My boys will play instruments while they sing and we will have a family orchestra!" Then, the next minute, hissing passionately, “I don't love you any more, leave!” And of course she chose to listen to Queen and the Hamilton soundtrack while playing.



Iris' Favorite Things 
Before I even started asking favorite things questions, Iris replied, "Porfirio" 
Food: Mac and Cheetos 
Dessert: cotton candy ice cream 
Color: blue, green, black 
Book: Harry Potter 
Movie: Merlin (series from 2008 that we’ve been watching as a family) 
Possession: Porfirio 
Activity: sleep, read, play with Porfirio 
Memory as 9 year old: my history teacher in fourth grade. He was fun. He made up games for us so we could understand history. Like stock market and Great Depression. We made businesses. He chose 2 people who chose investors and that’s as far as we got because Covid happened 
Friends: Porfirio, Malia, Erynn 
Favorite thing looking forward to as a 10 year old: 5th grade and going to Hawaii this Christmas and hopefully having Covid stop 
About Covid: nothing, I hate it with my whole soul, although homeschool means I can see Porfirio and eat during school 
Future Occupation: astronaut or astronomer 
How many dogs will you have: depends, but all the dogs I get will be from the pound 
Least favorite Animal: cat, sort of. Because I like some types of cats: rag doll, hairless, Sphinx. I like them because they sound super cuddly 
Least favorite food: mint (including mint toothpastes) 
One wish: to have all the wisdom 
If you had 1 million dollars: donate to dog charities 
Why do you like fashion: why not try out something new. 

We took Iris out to breakfast at IHOP and all went around the table saying our favorite things about her:
Iris: I like dogs 
Olivia: I like her hair because she doesn’t have to brush it. 
Sybil: she plays barbies because they are really fun 
Elijah: she’s always really happy. 
David: individual. Does her own thing. When she laughs, you know she’s laughing from across the theater. That’s how My grandma ruth was 
Caroline: passion and opinions
Claire: I like how you like school. 
Elise: she is a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...