Wednesday, August 12, 2020

First Day

   This might be the first year that I haven't gotten a first day of school picture. That's a failure on my part, especially because it's a big year for 3 of the 4 kids. 

Elijah is starting High School. I can't add more detail than that because he's in the one-word-answers phase of adolescence. He is also in online seminary for the semester. Details about that? "No."

Iris is at the upper campus now with Claire, but not really, because nobody is at any campus.

Sybil is starting Kindergarten. She was truant for a few days because technology sucks. But now that we have it figured out, sybil has learned that home school facilitates cheating; she asks me how to say things in Spanish.

So instead of pulling kids out of bed to get dressed for the first day, the kids rolled out of bed to eat and then rolled back into bed with a screen.

 Yesterday I read 9 chapters of The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe to Sybil while she did a puzzle. Then I went swimming with all 4. But today is my first day, so all fun goes out the window.


Sybil wearing her self-decorated "I survived my first day of Kindergarten" crown:


No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...