2) I was almost home when I saw a dark figure crossing the dark street. It was too tall to be a dog or a cat, too short to be an adult, and too fat to be a kid. But there it was, bobbing across the street. As I rode closer, the image of a minion, his arm up in the air above his head, waving at me: a foil balloon just trying to get to the other side of the road.
3) Often, I listen to books or podcasts on my morning rides. This morning it was a BYU speech. This quote struck a particular chord this morning:
President Gordon B. Hinckley said:
I have discovered that life is not a series of great heroic acts. Life at its best is a matter of consistent goodness and decency, doing without fanfare that which needed to be done when it needed to be done. I have observed that it is not the geniuses that make the difference in this world. I have observed that the work of the world is done largely by men and women of ordinary talent who have worked in an extraordinary manner.
And here are some pictures of our Monday. We met my dad and the cousins there.
Iris
Claire
E
The girls
Burying Sybil
Yesterday we stayed home for most of the day. I read the first 80 pages of the 8th book of Tennis Shoes among the Nephites out loud while the kids cleaned and organized their rooms, which is always my favorite vacation activity.
Gotta go. It's almost 6am which means I gotta read the scriptures quickly before the gremlins awake.
Gotta go. It's almost 6am which means I gotta read the scriptures quickly before the gremlins awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment