Yet again, I have successfully avoided cooking my first Thanksgiving feast. This year we (The 4 Garcias and 2 Udalls) headed to a church to feed fellow New Yorkers. Unfortunately, too many good citizens live in this city: the place was packed with good-doers, so we cut a few pies and ditched to an Indian restaurant. David, of course obliged us to walk miles home.
That morning my parents, Elijah, and I ventured to the
Macys parade. It was spectacular!

After checking out the parade, we walked alongside it in
Central Park. We paralleled the Doughboy balloon and listened to the band.

Below is on the way back from the failed service project. I add it because it demonstrates a few typical Garcia-isms:
1) Elijah trying to hold the hand of a less-than-interested Claire.
2) Claire is focused on a man (Pops Udall).
3) David is winning the race (pushing the stroller). What race you ask? I know not, but there always seems to be a race when David is involved.

We walked along 5th Avenue. Bellow is a picture at Rockefeller. We also browsed the Christmas window displays. My favorite was what I have entitled "Christmas Taxidermy," featuring a unicycle-riding squirrel.

Friday night we saw the Radio City Christmas Show. It was quite good. Anything with a midget named Sprinkles flying across the stage in a toy airplane warms my heart.
LOL!!! Caroline you are so awesome at keeping your blog up to date!! I am such a slacker. Love you guys and I look forward to seeing you guys on the 18th~I've been informed there is a Saints game the guys all want to watch that day at the Garcia's.
ReplyDeleteIt's true, anything involving a midget named Sprinkles is a good production. Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it meant a lot. I'm excited to see you all in a few weeks too!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Hey thanks for the space pjs, Ethan aboslutely loves them! And the skirt and shirt are adorable, thanks woman. Love ya.
ReplyDelete