We used to call my dad “Garbage Disposal.” At the end of dinner, we passed all our uneaten food to his plate for consumption. As he grew more wary of his waistline, the title was passed on to our dog. Now it’s Claire’s turn. Elijah used to pull her highchair right next to his place at the table for the purposes of entertainment (hitting the metal with his fork, playing hide and seek, spitting contests, etc). Now the stealthy child sneaks his unwanted food onto her tray; and most of his food is unwanted. At first she ground all with her gums and her one, long tooth. A second one has come in to help the process, but I think a lot slides down whole. That baby can eat!
Elijah had his first soccer lesson today, but was too shy to step on the field. What? Elijah shy? I don’t understand. Sunday he sat on the subway next to a woman and talked the whole way: “Where you Daddy? You 5? I go to party with you…” But too timid to kick a ball.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
General Conferece
General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...
-
I have always wanted to have a popularity contest. Now is my chance. I’m privatizing my blog. I think privatized blogs are the most annoying...
-
Born : 9:50am, August 8, 2010 (following the trend: all 3 of my kids were 5 days late. Well, almost, Elijah was 4.9 days late, but would hav...
-
Another week of freedom for me. I tried to set up shadowing doctors for fun, but my connections fell through. So I'm cleaning grout, ins...
This is so cute, I can totally picture him having that conversation! Love that kid. He must bring a lot of joy to this city.
ReplyDelete