Saturday, March 7, 2009

Coming out of the Closet

Elijah slept in the bathroom until he was 6 months old. Since then, he has been quite regular and enjoyed bathroom time. He bathes thrice each day: with each member of the family. Do the early sleeping arrangements and this affinity have a connection?
Claire, on the other hand, sleeps in the closet. I can only hope this might mean some swanky stylin’ is in her future, as opposed to the other, not as pleasant closet connotations.

Here’s the subway story of the week: A Japanese writer/photographer sat next to us on the subway and asked if she could take some pictures. I am used to the extra attention we draw in crowds, but she was waiting for the doors to open for better lighting and picking the lint off my coat. Then she asked if she could take some pictures of us outside. When she was done, she said she’d contact me if she published the pictures. And she did. Apparently we will be on the front page of an all-Japanese free New York newspaper. I’m just hoping the headline isn’t “Americans Gone Wild on the Subway” or “Take a Shower Already!” I guess even if that is the headline, I won’t know the difference. Below is one of the pictures she took.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I'm all curious! Is she at least gonna send you a copy of the article so we can babelfish it? Way to be famous. お祝い

    ReplyDelete

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...