Sunday, January 11, 2026

Starting my Christmas recap

 Oh man, It's been too long. I took my computer on vacation with high hopes, but I am an expert at talking myself out of good decisions. I also really enjoy spending time with awesome people, which often takes priority over blogging. 

Speaking of awesome people, David jumped in the hot tub yesterday, ready to call his grandpa. I thought about calling him this week also when I was driving to the temple. But we can't call him anymore. Hector Sr. was an amazing man. We were able to spend good time with him over Christmas break. He had a fall in October which caused a good amount of mental and physical incapacity. But he perked up, recognized David, let me feed him, watched some salacious Spanish daytime television with us, and even snuck in a few curse words. 

We drove to Nola. Our first stop was for gas in AZ where David bought his first and last Powerball ticket. He did under the influence of Sybil. I didn't learn about it until after when everyone was dreaming about how they were going to spend their trillions of money. Of course we stopped at Buc-ee's. And our last stop before Nola was in Natchitoches where the town was rearing up for the annual Christmas festival. The weather was perfect!

When visiting places where you grew up but haven't visited recently, you remember little things like: Natchitoches is the only place I have ever crowd-surfed.
Claire and her former LSMSA suite-mate.
Funnel Cake!
More to catch-up to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...