Sunday, March 23, 2025

Only a few more hours with my faithful solitary companion before the house if full of commotion again:

The family finally comes back from their European vacation! While they were gone, a few things that happened that probably would not have happened otherwise:

  • 4 full days of clinical time
  • a 6 hour temple trip
  • babysitting for friends
  • I have not taken out the trash nor the recycling
  • I did laundry (this is usually David's job)
  • watched a few chick flicks and read a lot of pathophysiology
  • NO grocery shopping! This was a big one. I explored the recesses of the freezer. There has been a lot of cabbage and non-breaded chicken in my diet.
I got this text from Sybil this week: Mom, I wish you were here because the girls are making fun of me and acting like they are my boss and today we only had dinner crepes and bread." 
I got a giggly phone call from them about Sybil peeing on the streets of Paris--two times! And neglecting to completely pull up her pants the second time.
Oh, and the one video I was sent was of the vegetarian swallowing (not chewing) a Parisian snail.

Not many pictures from Elijah lately. I suspect it's because of his new buzz-cut. Apparently it's an initiation ritual in his district that they all get that haircut. He said his district is supposed to be a beacon to others and since he's the DL, he's leading by example.

PS. If I would have been on this trip (and I have had several feelings of regret), I would have blogged about it more, but here's the schedule in case my kids want to remember what they did. They were with Hunt and Sarah and family in England and met up with David and Macie in France.

Europe Travel (March 13-23) Plans


March 13, 9:20pm: Fly to London 

March 14, 2:40pm: Arrive in London


Friday (3/14)

3-5pm Drive from LHR to Bath


Saturday (3:15)

10am: Breakfast at Sally Lunn’s (reservation for 11 people)

12-1pm: Tour University of Bath

2-3pm: Tour Bath Abbey Towers

Drive back to London: Salisbury Cathedral

Mercato Mayfair - Food market in old church 


Sunday (3/16):

9am Church @ 64-68 Princes Gate Exhibition Road South Kensington Road SW7 2PA

11:15am: Sung Eucharist @ Westminster Abbey

Lunch at Borough Market / Medical Museum

After Church - Nationa l Gallery (Trafalgar Square) @ 4pm-6pm (closes)

7:45pm - Dinner at Jamavar


Monday (3/17)

10:20am - British Museum Reservation 

2:30pm - 3:30pm - Claire tours Kings College London 

7:30pm - Phantom of the Opera (His Majesty’s Theater)


Tuesday (3/18)

10am: Westminster Abbey

11:45am-1:30pm Queens College Campus Tour 

2pm: Tower of London

4:15-5pm - Sherlock Homes Museum

7:30: Les Miserables


March 19: Leave London for Paris

Dinner @ 9:45pm at Brassier Bellanger 


March 20: 

9am - Louvre Museum / Tour with Vittoria

Brunch at Marcel 3 and go see Arcnearby

2:15pm - Eiffel Tower (Viator Tour)

5pm - Riverboat Cruise along Seine and then Arc de Triomphe

8pm: Musée D’orsay


March 21

8:30am-3pm: Versailles

Visit Porfirio Diaz’s tomb

3:30pm - Catacombs

5pm - Luxembourg Gardens & Laduree Macarons

7:30-9:30pm : Jazz Club (Les Duc Des Lombards)


March 22

9am: Jardin Tuileries

Lunch and wander in Latin Neighborhood 

2pm: Notre Dame, by horse statue

Galeries Lafayette Haussmann 

Fric Frac sandwiches 

Montmartre nightlife 

Sacre Coeur

Eiffle tower


March 23

10am - Church 





No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...