I miss this kid. He sent me this picture to show me his new haircut.
My favorite thing about this picture is his smile. The second thing I saw that was he has one tie hanging up in his closet. Congratulations my boy, I'm proud of you for hanging up one tie.
Other news:
David will be going to the White House this week for a party with the Bidens in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month. Last week we went to the Hispanic Caucus, but I can't post pictures of us in fancy garb because I forgot to suck in my gut for the picture.
After over three years, I was released as Relief Society president. It has been an absolute honor to serve in that capacity; the calling changed my life. At the time I was called, I had only attended RS 2 times in this ward. I had never met my counselors, but with them met all of the women in the ward and sat with the women through times of delight and times of pain, loss of hope, faith, family, and even loss of life.
Here is an excerpt from my testimony last Sunday:
I have learned about ministering. As a presidency, we have often remarked that when we talk to women about ministering, one of the most common things we heard was “I am not good at this, I should have done better.” It was sad to hear this. At the same time, I have similar feelings now as I am released. “I was not particularly good at this. I could have done better.” Did I do enough? Serve enough? Love enough? The answer is always “no.” At times I have felt like a clown, trying to walk in shoes that are a million sizes too big for me, tripping over myself. I have come to realize that these feelings aren’t bad. They are useful. They prompt us to fulfill the measure of our creation. But more importantly, they make us realize the need for our Savior, the perfect minister, the perfect shepherd, a perfect example. Through covenants, we, as imperfect beings, are bound to perfect beings. Bonds strengthen us and endow us with power and grace. With Him, we are enough. Claire and Iris were both called to the presidencies in their Young Women's classes. Claire was called as 3rd counselor and proclaimed that she was the only third counselor in existence. She said, "What does that even mean? That's embarassing!" Funny girl. Yesterday we went on a 10 mile hike. Iris was at a birthday party, so couldn't attend, but Sybil ran most of the way up, and Claire ran most of the way down.
Sybil is on a soccer team that practiced near enough that she can scooter there. Last week, she saw a bug in the bathroom, so I jokingly told her to pee on the lawn. She went outside, removed her PJ onsie and popped a squat.
In the past week, 3 other momentous things happened:
1) I started full-time school to become a Nurse Practitioner
2) Our good friend Zoe moved in with us and we helped her get an accounting job and buy a car.
3) Jeremy, Scharlotte, and family drove through and stayed with us on their way to drop Katie off at college. I apparently lost most of my camera photos, so the only one I have is of Katie giving Sybil a beautiful makeover:
No comments:
Post a Comment