Sunday, May 8, 2022

Union and Reunion

From Iris on this beautiful Mother's Day morning. 
I definitely skored.
Note our inside joke referencing Anne of Green Gables.


We have had a mother and 2 daughters living with us for the past few weeks. 
They are refugees from war-torn Ukraine. 
I gave them sidewalk chalk last week and this is what they drew.
Yesterday was sweet: their father, who has been in detention on the border of Mexico for 19 days was reunited with his family.
Sybil has constant playmates. The language barrier is irrelevant.
I took them to the store, but they had been playing all day.
This is how I found them when I parked:
I got out my Russian nesting dolls this morning.
I realize that some of these might not be a welcome sight to our guests, 
although they were able to name all of the Russian dictators.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...