Monday, July 26, 2021

Wrapping up Nola

French Quarter wandering
As a child, David visited MS Rau and salivated at the opulence and beauty. 
We salivated in unison this time.
There were 3 floors of beautiful antiques.
This is a player piano several violins played by a circular bow. 
David brought both of his road bikes. He rode with me and then with Claire. 
I think Claire fared better. I fell because I couldn't get my foot out of the clip. My huge shoe remained attached to the bike when I toppled.
Swamp tour on an airboat.
In the background, there are long red poles that this company uses to mark alligator nests.
There used to only be 1.3 million alligators in the world. But places like this sell gator eggs fo about $30 to farms. The farms harvest them, keep about 30, and send 10 back, once they can fend for themselves. This is much better odds than Mother Nature offers.



Some of the gators were on the payroll, paid with marshmallows.


Aunt Dottie's memorial at the church.
Iris had to get some tree-climbing in.
Cousins:
Siblings
We brought the flowers to Marguerite's parents' graves.
Port of Call with Luis and Kirt:
And, of course, one more snowball run before we left:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...