The biggest news is that we put an offer in on a house. House-buying can be an emotional process, especially in a sellers market with limited inventory. I sent a short letter to the sellers. I was tempted to shave a kid's head, shove him/her into a wheelchair, snap a picture, and send it along with the letter.
Today is fast Sunday. I want to be a better mother: selfless, loving, teach by example, know exactly what my kids need, but mostly selfless. I was listening to talk while I took the dog out this morning: "mothers' most important duty is raising their children." I believe that and worry at times that nursing school is selfish, that sometimes I get caught up in myself and studying more than I should when I have so much awesomeness around me.
Like Iris, the budding chef who made Elijah's 3-tiered birthday cake:
And Sybil, who, if she had one wish, it would be to be magic. One morning, when we were rushed to get out of the house, I was searching for her everywhere, then opened the car door and found this:
And Claire who is growing up way too fast. This week I need to take Clair to buy bras. She's been wearing hand-me-downs from a friend and now it's time for the real deal. Am I allowed to write this in a public forum? Chances are she won't read it for another decade, so hopefully I'm safe. I love the little teenager she's turning into.
And Sybil, who, if she had one wish, it would be to be magic. One morning, when we were rushed to get out of the house, I was searching for her everywhere, then opened the car door and found this:
And Claire who is growing up way too fast. This week I need to take Clair to buy bras. She's been wearing hand-me-downs from a friend and now it's time for the real deal. Am I allowed to write this in a public forum? Chances are she won't read it for another decade, so hopefully I'm safe. I love the little teenager she's turning into.
Then there's my boy. This week we were out getting him some soccer socks and he was mad at me for something. I made him pinky promise to never be mad at a me again if I bought him a burger and a shamrock shake. He agreed but added the addendum: "until I forget this promise."
I'll take what I can get.
Here are some throwback pictures I found a few weeks ago from the Nola aquarium:
"You poo."
I interpreted the "poo" as a verb, stating an obvious fact of life instead of as an insulting noun.
Either way, it's a sign that at least I'm doing a few things right as a mother.


No comments:
Post a Comment