So much to catch up on!
Looking back at the pictures, the best words to sum it all up are "cousin fun."
I know I should arrange these pictures better, but that Sunday nap is calling my name.
Real time update: We just came back from sacrament meeting at my sister's house. The whole family was there for cousin David's mission homecoming. His Spanish is impressive.
The testimonies borne were wonderful. They agreed that David's mission had changed the family.
Claire is on a call with one of David's clients on how to become a multi-millionaire.
Elijah, Iris, Sybil and Sarah (our friend from Mexico who will be staying with us for the summer) are playing Life.
Sarah has joined us at exactly the wrong time. We we are at the tail end of a week of curfew because of riots and looting at a mall that's a few miles from our house. And of course there's the pandemic with most things still closed. And we are about to head to New Orleans, which is in the middle of an active hurricane season!
[The napping desire overtook me and the rest of this was written while the girl cousins are in the other room playing. The boys are spending the night in Gilbert]
I feel like these pics are from another age...so long ago, but actually within the last month.
Girl time with cousins and Claire's best buddy, Lucy.
Lucy usually goes to France for the summer, but is able to spend more time with Claire this summer due to travel restrictions.
Cousins painting
Claire got a drum set for her bday, which I may regret at some point.
Cousin drum lesson:
Cousin nail-painting
Cousin doll playing
Cousin cooking
Claire made GG's mother's famous praline recipe with my mom and Esie.
Cousin board games
Poker and Risk have been games of choice.
Cousin biking
Bike park:
BMX wipe-outs.
One of those knees is mine. Yes, I BMXed too. Elijah dared me to go on the see-saw.
Disaster ensued.
The dog enjoys the fresh meat.
Horse camp.
We took a time out from a Harry Potter movie (Claire is halfway through the audiobooks so we have started the movies again) to see the space station fly across the sky.
The kids found a bird egg outside and made a little nest for it.
Some stores require masks:
This bad-quality pic is us going meet David at Tortas Paquime for salchicha breakfast burritos.
With the amount of biking and exercising David has been doing lately, I suspect he will soon qualify for the Olympics.
David got a fancy new bike named "black beauty" which means Elijah got the hand-me-down:
The day Sarah flew in, we decided to go tubing down the Salt River. This is the first time I we had done it. Tube rentals are $20, so we bought a bunch of $2 tubes and went by ourselves--about 15 of us. The scenery was beautiful (minus the polluted water) but the water was freezing, especially with the setting sun.
And Claire is 12!!!!
I need to do a special post for her because she is absolutely wonderful!
I want to be Claire when I grow up.
Her friends threw her a party complete with decorating, games, and lots of kids from church and cousins, of course.
On the actual day of her bday she chose to eat pupusas, of course.


No comments:
Post a Comment