Claire and Iris went geo-tracking with friends this week.
The four of them ventured out on their bikes alone,
following the hints on an app to find hidden treasures.
Claire brought Sybil and me back to a few of the sites.
For this one, they had to find the correct cork
to plug a hole in the bucket
so that they could fill it in the canal:
Then they dumped the water into a nearby tube
and had to grab the container that floated to the top
before the water drained out of the bottom.
Another treasure box was hidden in carved out hole
in the bottom of a stump:
Announcement: I don't have Paranoid Personality Disorder (which is in Cluster A of the personality disorders, as classified in the DSM-5. I've been studying Psych way too much!) which means it's hard for me to adhere to the social distancing guidelines for this long. Yes, I got caught up in the pandemic craze for a while there, and yes, there are now over 1 million cases in the US, and yes, I have 2 siblings who work in the medical field, but sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks.
Sybil and Livy are 2 peas in a pod and it was Livy's bday this week.
Trying to take a selfie with the watch Fernando got Sybil:
Please note Sybil's puckered lips. Where does she learn these things?
Last Sunday when David commented that I looked nice when he saw I put makeup on
(lately I struggle to get out of my PJs and deodorant is a chore),
Sybil sprinted to her room to put on another layer of lip gloss.
Swimming bday party at grandparents' house:
The men of the family went for a long hike yesterday morning.
Then David took the kids out to eat and to get ice cream while I took a test.
We still can't eat in restaurants although some will let you go in to order:
We still can't eat in restaurants although some will let you go in to order:
My final is on Thursday. I have a 93% average in the class. 93 is the cut-off for an A.
I don't plan on getting higher than 93% on the final,
so it's a great opportunity to flunk the final and get a B.
But I have a touch of undiagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder (of Cluster B, DSM-5) and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (of Cluster C, DSM-5: different than OCD, which is not a personality disorder) = I can't completely bomb it.
The kids are in the other room creating a "1945 fashion show."
Not sure what that is, but it's been keeping them busy all morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment