The garbage truck emptied our full can.
Quarantining = garbage is a exciting
I feel like we vacillate between hyper-paranoid and don't care that much anymore, but either way, the days drag on which will become our new normal since school was canceled for the rest of the year.
Iris is exploring fashion. I love seeing her new outfit creations.
Claire is learning to be more efficient with her time so that she's not up late and doing homework on Saturdays.
Elijah is trying to survive homework without sneaking Youtube or NitroType games during "breaks."
Sybil's reading is progressing quite well, against her will.
Tomorrow will mark the beginning of 4 weeks of intense school for me.
David is getting a lot of reading done.
The kids are bonding more (most of the time).
They still have a slumber party every night, rotating bedrooms.
Right now, Elijah is teaching I & C Dungeons and Dragons.
I just taught Sybil how to play War (the card game). She and David are battling.
I just taught Sybil how to play War (the card game). She and David are battling.
Jam sessions:
Some restaurants are still open, but you order and then pick up at their door. We try to support local restaurants once a week, which is definitely more than before--I prefer eating at home. Yesterday David and the kids picked up take-out pupusas and met the cousins at the bike park (I was studying).
Today is Easter.
I miss church. Getting sacrament with slippers and Mardi Gras cups is quaint, and even spiritual, but not quite right. We did a video call with the Garcias. Everyone took park in the sacrament meeting. Marguerite told a touching story about her father dying, the living room being packed with crying, then kneeling, then praying family (there are 10 siblings). As his body was taken away, there was a beautiful sunrise and she thought, "He's not dead. He's alive!" Pres Nelson asked for a worldwide fast on Good Friday. This is the second one he has called for in the past few weeks. I have been reading encouraging stories of hope and faith as a result of the fast.
This morning the kids and I ate crepes and did the Easter egg hunt while David was getting ready for the day. He has a semi-hostile reaction to consumer-tainted religious holidays. But I bought Easter presents 3 weeks ago when I thought the world was coming to an end and thought presents might be a bright spot in the kids' life. As I write this, I can see David's point: Christ should be our light, not presents.
Back to consumerism:
Iris woke up this morning and said, "I'm ready to get sugared up! I forgot what ice cream tastes like and that's horrible because I'm a kid!"
Claire: "No, you are a savage."
Iris: "There is some truth in that."
David clearly has nothing to worry about.
Notice the "scrunchy" on Sybil's wrist.
She was jealous of her sisters' scrunches.
Since store time is limited, I cut off the sleeve of one of her shirts,
put in some elastic = she's happy.
My parents and Fernando are coming over soon for an Easter lunch. We invited other family too, but then we all decided it would be better if we don't congregate inside. I think we will opt for a family hike later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment