Sunday, February 9, 2020

Biggest birthday bash

I was really hoping I'd be able to go through the birthday book that my family put together for me before writing this post, but life has been extra crazy lately and I'm afraid if I don't post about my birthday now, I'll be 50 before it happens.
David had been acting suspiciously for a while. I found out eventually, but didn't know the whole story until I heard about the botched attempt at a mariachi band and I opened the door to a "Surprise!" from a crowd of people, including some of my best buddies who had flown in from out of town.
3 gourmet cakes
A slide show of pics of me with my people
A house-full of people who love me including 3 who flew in
A book with adorations and praises to my wonderfulness (I haven't read it all yet--but I can only image that's what is in there)
David knows how to do it right!




Then he got a hotel room for me and my 3 ladies who flew in.
We stayed up way past our bedtime, ate junk, and reminisced.
Shayla, my college roomie.
She got me a crocheted rat and flaming hots. The brother rat is with her in ID.
Notice the fancy pool in the background.

And then there's Anna, who I grew up with in Nola. We were also college roomies.
And Emilee, David's cousin who kinda introduced us for the first time. 

These are 40 year olds trying to take a selfie:
These are 40 year olds realizing how lame our selfie attempts are:
Heading to breakfast

Emilee came and hung with us afterward. She made these matching shirts:
"Beautiful, bodacious, blonde, beehive, babes."
That's what we used to call ourselves back in the day.
Of course Sybil got a hold of Emilee's phone and took a better selfie than 3 40-year-olds managed.
When Emilee read her a book, Sybil said, "She sounds like GG." 
A walk to McDonalds:
A bike ride to the park:
David's a good man to put this all together for me.
He's passed out on the couch now with the flu.
Poor man. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...