Friday, December 20, 2019

Our favorite Christmas card

We got a Christmas card and small present from a woman in our ward.
She wrote: "David, I want to thank you for all the times you nagged meant staying with the church when I was having my "drama queen" moments when I wanted to leave. I finally decided staying was easier than listening to you nag. Thank you for that. I am solid with my belief that this is the true church. Love to both of you, Sharlene"

Another blast from the past.
Another list from a 20-year-old BYU student
Apparently, part of BYU ecclesiastical education involves "if I die lists."
All of the below recommendations would look best superimposed on a picture of a fluffy cat on an Instagram feed.

February 20, 2000

"If I were to die today, I wouldn't have any children to leave my words too. If I did have children by now, I'd have to tell myself to slow down, I need a husband first. But if I had a husband and children, I'd tell them:

  1. make the church the most important part of your life 
  2. you don't have time to be in bad moods or to be angry, it's not worth it
  3. and the end of the day, if you look back at what you've done, you'll realize what your priorities are
  4. you're not here to find out who you are but to create the person you want to be
  5. see everyone as what they can be not what they are, then they will become that person
  6. go easy on the sugar
  7. always assess who is important in your life. Is Christ #1?



No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...