Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I'm free!

Last week I took my final exam, so I feel like a free woman this week.
With all my extra time, Sybil and I painted the town red! We got the oil changed, went to the dentist, took the car in to fix a few recall items, got the pool swimming-ready, and...
attended a showcase for Iris' music and drama class. The drama teacher announced that memorizing a monologue was optional and 3 students had opted in. To my surprise, Iris was one of them. She memorized it without telling me.
Here is her performance:

Sybil and I hung out at the library and the public gardens while the oil got changed:





And a few more notes from Mother's Day. I love how the kids make me feel special.

  • There's a candy man in our church and Elijah gave me his candy. He even switched out the flavor when I said I didn't like the flavor.
  • Sybil told me a story and the punchline was "I freaked out!" I've never heard her say that before--Loved it!
  • Claire made me a plethora of cool stuff: cards, a booklet, a clay pot
  • Iris let me tickle her as much as I wanted, even though she didn't really have a choice.
  • Iris kept her calm when Sybil said, "My mommy, not your Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...