Travel can be brutal. On Saturday at about 1am, as I returned to the car from our hotel for another load of suitcases, I realized how truly grateful I am for walking. 24 hours of cartime will do that to you.
We got back about 30 hours ago which has been mostly filled with hard work, but this morning I was greeted by the most beautiful, pink Arizona sunrise on my morning run with Porfirio (by the way, Iris said she wasn't completely happy on our trip because she was sans-porfirio).
Something else I was greeted by was one of several presents Porfirio made for us:
Hence, me running into Charles Barkley at Home Depot as I was buying an un-chewed door.I asked Mr Barkley if he was from Louisiana, he replied, "Alabama, but close enough." OOPS.
And just a sneak peek at our trip....
Our first stop was Nogales where David had a business meeting.
This is the Mexican border.
The wetback contemplates a return to her roots:
Considering she said "Mom" over 60 times in 60 seconds (yes, I counted) before we even got to Tucson, I may condone such a return.On the way down to the border we listened to an AM Mexican station report as Germany spanked Mexico in the Confederation Soccer Cup.
And so it all began....
No comments:
Post a Comment