Friday, December 2, 2016

Feliz Navidad!

Oh, how I love this season!
Below is a link to a "Christmas card" video a woman made for our ward. It is absolutely beautiful.

https://vimeo.com/193772280/6a3c02b217

There's a shot of me laughing at one point. I'll tell you why. There's one thing at any time of the year that makes me laugh more than just about anything else ever. It's the scene in "Elf" where Will Ferrel burps magnificently for about 20 seconds and then asks the kid sitting next to him if he heard it. I laugh the whole time and then some. Tears come to my eyes. It's hard to breathe.

Also, we are trying the Service Advent Calendar this year to remember Christ and become more like Him. On the calendar, every day has an attribute of Christ that we are supposed to emulate.Yesterday was "Jesus lifted others' burdens and so can you." This is what the kids told me they did:

Elijah: "I said a good prayer because I prayed for other people." It really was wonderful. He said it as we knelt by his bed at 9:30pm. He told me to tell David how good it was.
Claire: "I let everyone play who wanted to play Sand Monster."
Iris: "I was bullied all day, so I didn't do anything nice." "Bullied" meant her friend told her that clubs are dumb.

The kids didn't believe me when I said that today is "Jesus honored his parents and so can you." They also didn't believe me when I told them that would be the theme for the rest of the month...with good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...