2 Disneyland first-timers
they got special pins
We went to California Adventure first
Claire decided to go dressed as the queen of hearts (we went the week before Halloween). The hair and makeup were done quickly that morning. As we walked through the parking lot, Claire said, "Everyone is looking at me." I said, "Do you like that?" She said no, but I didn't believe her.
Below was the first of Sybil's many temper tantrums that day. Toddlers just don't understand waiting in lines, or much of anything else. Sybil is fiercely independent. Usually, the only 2 reasons she approaches me in public are: 1) to wipe her nose on me, 2) to hit me because she wants me to go away. Nevertheless, I stayed with her most of the day while David took the older kids on bigger-kid rides.
Sybil usually has the "anyone but mom" mentality, except when over-sized, stuffed, moving creatures are near.The 2 little girls and I visited the area with the Disney characters' houses. I think this was Goofy's couch.
Minnie's chaise lounge.
Minnie's outdoor tea table
It was interesting seeing Sybil's stages of exhaustion. Until Disney, I had only ever gotten to the violent stage. After the violence subsided, euphoria ensued. That was about when we went on the "It's a Small World" ride. She absolutely loved it: waving to everything and blowing kisses left and right. I've never seen her so enthralled. David took her again later and observed the same. I wish I could live in that ride forever.
I was surprised that Elijah was the first kid to lose steam and want to go home. Maybe it has to to with the fact that he is a dabber. He has caught on to the dab fever and does the dance move often (although not now as much as he used to--I think the fad might be fading from when we first heard about it from my niece Elle this past summer).
On the way home, I told Iris that Jose was going to live with us forever.
She replied, "You mean we are stuck with him?" He was in the car too.
The problem is that Iris is so easy to mess with. It's hard not to.
No comments:
Post a Comment