We broke down and got a mommy-van. We have struggled against this step for years, but when we were car-hunting, I heard an angelic choir as the doors slid open at the tap of a button.
I think of it as my craft.
I feel like my craft's mileage doubles every day. David takes the passengers to school most mornings and I pick them up every day.
Same mileage and temperature!
Clayton came to stay with us for a few days. We shared with him time at the movies, trampoline park, laser tag, and a nasty virus. Of course the best part of every vacation is spent over the toilet, with a virus. Because viruses and vacation are perfect partners.
Iris called Clay "Bro" for half a day and found the habit hilarious. Her siblings found it extremely annoying, which I'm sure thrilled her even more.
For the first time in a few years I took Iris on a run with me. It's easier to stop and smell the roses when a kid is with me.
This boy refused to turn his shirt the right side out ay Skateland, bc, "Mom, it doesn't really matter." At Skateland, my tender-hearted Claire went from fallen kid to kid, helping them up.
Grandpa is known for bringing the grandkids to Starbucks. I accompanied the crew and was surprised that all the employees knew him and the grandkids by name. After, we swung by Aunt Laurie's.
Here are some pics from David's phone.
Now that we are back in AZ, Hunt and David have continued their bromance. They run together a few times a week and they are always planning bro-trips. One is pictured below. Hunt, Jake, Max, David, Elijah, and Clayton went to the Mexico vs USA soccer game in LA. They stopped in San Diego to pick up Clayton and play on the beach.
Pre-game meal
No comments:
Post a Comment