Today there was a rainbow circling the sun in Mexico City.
A solar halo.
The picture doesn't do it justice.
It was ginormous.
And beautiful. And spectacular.
I can't help but draw a spiritual parallel. The sun gives us light and life but how often do we look up? We almost never see it nor think about it, but we know it's there bc of the warmth we feel on our skin. I looked up when someone told me to and then I wanted to tell 21 million people to look up, but only managed half a dozen.
Stepping away from the spiritual podium, I will say that I wouldn't mind if we don't have one of those for a while. That sun may have burned a few extra holes in my eyeballs. Straight through to my brain. Ouch. But I just couldn't stop looking.
In other news...
Have you ever wanted to put a cast on your child's face? Specifically the mouth region?
If so, shame on you.
Can you buy medical-grade cast in the US? It seems like it should be illegal for some reason, especially in the wrong hands. But it was easily obtained and applied for a school project.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
General Conferece
General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...
-
I have always wanted to have a popularity contest. Now is my chance. I’m privatizing my blog. I think privatized blogs are the most annoying...
-
Born : 9:50am, August 8, 2010 (following the trend: all 3 of my kids were 5 days late. Well, almost, Elijah was 4.9 days late, but would hav...
-
Another week of freedom for me. I tried to set up shadowing doctors for fun, but my connections fell through. So I'm cleaning grout, ins...
No comments:
Post a Comment