Before my mom left, I celebrated Sybil's 2 weeks in this world with a run. 4.6 miles. It was the 4th time I've run since giving birth. Don't worry, no prolapse yet. I passed a jogger who had about 1-2 centuries on me. I'll take what I can get. I was proud.
Some sibling reaction in the first weeks:
E: As he tried to put her pants on: "She's too wiggly."
C: Always making up songs and dances for her.
I: "It's ok if she cries, that's how she exercises," and as she shoved a pacifier into Sybil's mouth, saying repetitively, "It has milk in it, I promise."
Grandma Lovin'
My mom, one of the most selfless people I know, helped with the piano practicing, reading, homework, food, cleaning, and keeping general peace. Love her. Miss her.Since my metaphorical cord has been cut, the pic below is the "G" rated version of what Sybil has been doing 24/7. The good news is that the little vampire no longer has bloody-red spit-up (I forgot how much feeding a baby can hurt) and her yellowed eyes aren't as bright.
Babies help you realize what's really important in life: 1) Love, 2) A clean bum, 3) Nipples.
And Claire wants the world to know that although no tooth has fallen out (she tried to convince the school nurse to pull her non-loose teeth out), a new one is coming in. The evidence is hard to see.

No comments:
Post a Comment