This is in front of the Heber C Kimball grave. The sprinklers were spraying Heber C Kimball's great-great-great-great-grandson.
We had dinner with this awesome lady and her cute baby. Anna and I go waaaaay back. All the way back to pre-acne, Meisler middle school, stake dances, blue toenails paired with birks, stalking weird boys, thrift-storing, gifties, roomies in college. I really regret not playing MASHES with her this trip b/c that's just what we do.
Then we ran into this lady. She was in town for training for the big new step in her life: moving to Cali b/c Jon was called as a mission pres (Spanish-speaking). I can safely say I taught them everything they know.
Sunday morning we watched the session at the Smith residence. Russ was David's youth church leader and Holly was his seminary teacher, bless their poor souls. David was/is a piece of work. They insinuated that they were impressed he ended up on this side of the bars.
For the afternoon session we met up with a friend from Ann Arbor. And then walked around temple square until we went to the airport.
A few other Elijah events: Hunt gave him his first and only stitch a few weekends ago after coming into contact with a nail on our stairs. He said the stitch made him popular at school.
Then on our Sunday bike ride along the golf course, a golfer with really good aim hit Elijah in the thigh. We were hangin out with another parent and his kid. The man told Elijah that he had earned the ball and shouldn’t give it back, but Elijah insisted on giving it back when he saw the man looking for it. I wanted to give the man a piece of my mind (Elijah was bruised and cried), but my boy was very honest and civil.


No comments:
Post a Comment