Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Camping and Memorial Day

Regardless of the scorching heat, fire restriction, and lack of sleep, camping wasn’t too bad. We set up the tent and then went to a presentation about scorpions at the ranger station where we also watched the ranger feed dead mice to snakes.



The cousins joined us for the sleepless evening.
Also, I was discovered on Memorial Day. Discovered to be a dork, that is.
I have decided that the following video will be a must-watch any time my ego gets out of check. Keeping me humble! I swear they air-brushed 10 pounds into my cheeks.

After my struggle with words in public, I penned the following about our Memorial Day:

Today we gathered with about 80 members of the Udall family, spanning 4 generations to celebrate my great uncles and other heroes who have died for our country. We salute them because our freedom is not free. It has been paid for and is currently being paid for by the lives of several people. I know from time abroad that there are several levels of freedom and in this country we enjoy a freedom that is rich and full. Likewise, all humans experience varying levels of spiritual freedom based on our memorialization of the only perfect blood ever spilt.
I have recently finished the books “The Hiding Place” and “Unbroken,” and have started “Valkyrie” which all chronicle the horrors of war and the brave who fight against it. Powerful freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...