Saturday, March 2, 2013

Elijah=7

Happy birthday (1 week ago) Elijah! It's funny how his bdays make me feel older than my own. We celebrated at IHOP, then a man's hike with David.
Overlooking Scottsdale from Camelback Mtn.
Then a family gathering with the large Udall clan. I made a cake that I was going to frost there, but after Elijah accidentally made a large handprint in it, I decided to let the kids do the dirty work:

Elijah is a considerate and passionate boy. We just finished the first Harry Potter book and he's been listening to James and the Giant Peach in his bedroom. He got a hummingbird feeder, Harry Potter movies and a book from us for his bday presents. The meeting with his teachers this week was the best yet--he's maturing, although he still has his days. He loves playing soccer and collecting "crystals" (white rocks). He actually tried to pay for our breakfast at IHOP with one of his crystals. His favorite thing to do is play with friends which usually includes wrestling and running.
I wish I were as good and forward with people as he is. As always, he has no qualms asking people why they use crutches, where they are going, etc. One of the things I love about him most is that he still not only enjoys mama hugs and kisses, but craves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...