After several of Claire’s tantrums and full days of confinement, I permanently cleaned her room this summer by storing about 85% of her toys. She asks for them rarely and maintains the cleanest bedroom of the house, which truly isn’t saying much.

Elijah is still striving to be the class clown, in and out of the classroom. After a good talk I can tell he wants to be repentant, but the grins and approval of the like-minded are too tempting.
Iris, at all hours of the night can be found either raiding the refrigerator, passed out on the tile with her sippy cup, or surrounded by ramen noodles in her bed.
The Unidentified Sleeping Object:
She is girly! On Sunday I tried to put a brown dress on her. She sreamed the whole time and as soon as I gave up, she tore it off, threw it down, and spit on it. And her newest word creation is shoepato, a combination of shoe and zapato. One more thing that I am extremely over-excited about is now that her favorite activity is coloring, we have discovered that IRIS IS LEFT-HANDED! Finally, one of my own kind. This is my greatest victory since convincing my little sister to be left-handed b/c we are just so darn cool.
Proof:
In honor of the judeo-christian ninth month, David is on a Ramadan facebook fast. It has been replaced with increased NFL, Drudge Report, and a new obsession with Western flicks. I usually pledge to stay conscious for the first 5 minutes, but then fall asleep to gunfire and dancing. There is always so much shooting but no blood, a choreographed cadence of hopping then falling dead.
And I was training for a half marathon. I got all the way up to a 12 mile run last week only to find out the race was canceled. I am now looking for meaning in my life.
I enjoy the sunrise most mornings.

Please tell me that Iris really did spit on her brown dress. That visual is just too precious.
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am! That girl's got attitude
ReplyDelete