Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Poser

Iris = poser
First pose of the day:
Climbed from TP onto D's drawer in order to rearrange his toiletries.
I swear I just don't know how to keep this girl's feet on the ground. Pediatric leg weights? Super glue? Ball and chain.

Pose #2:
David walked into the entryway to find this:
Like her outfit? I made it myself.

Yesterday Iris appeared in front of me. I stared at her and scratched my chin as I thought, "there's something different about this baby, what is it?....clothing." Can't keep clothes on her. Enjoy it while you can child!

David bought me a bike for our anniversary. Bike-riding feels wholesome. The same feeling as when putting on an apron, smelling baking bread, tasting homemade applesauce. And now I’m loving summer, we have hit our stride: solitary run, pack a breakfast for the kids and bike to the canal or park, possibly some yard work, dip in the pool, lunch, quiet time, mommy homework...

A summer epiphany:  I used to sit the kids in front of a movie during quiet time if I needed to get something done, but the kids were always grumpy and restless afterward. In the past 1.5 weeks they have watched very few movies. Instead I send them upstairs to play during quiet time. Even on the longer-than-long road trip, they were happier without the tube. Result: The kids are best friends and rarely ask to play with other kids (even though they do—love the playdates!). Also, if they bicker, they are sent to a room to “learn how to play nicely with each other.” It works.
I have concluded that one of a mother’s greatest joys is seeing her children enjoy each other.
Love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...