Is there a difference between tall tales and lies? In my mind, one requires punishment and the other is just so darn entertaining, it requires encouragement. Yesterday, after summer camp a group of boys came up to me and asked,
“Does your son really wrestle lions?”
Later I asked E about it and he said, “Oh yeah, last night. I kept it a secret from you.”
And then, “If you would have given me a real sword I would have cut off its head and hung it in my room, no actually just the eyeballs.”
The tale became taller over a period of hours, including additional lions, burial techniques, and future strategies of toilet flushing. It lasted so long in part because Claire was fascinated and she kept up a steady stream of questions. I pointed out a steady stream of inconsitencies and E would either explain his way out of them or say, "Oh, that was just a broma."
Well, tomorrow we are off.
ROAD TRIP!
If I’m alive after more than 3362 miles of driving with bickering children, I might upload some pictures.
Love, just think Love.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
General Conferece
General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...
-
I have always wanted to have a popularity contest. Now is my chance. I’m privatizing my blog. I think privatized blogs are the most annoying...
-
Born : 9:50am, August 8, 2010 (following the trend: all 3 of my kids were 5 days late. Well, almost, Elijah was 4.9 days late, but would hav...
-
Another week of freedom for me. I tried to set up shadowing doctors for fun, but my connections fell through. So I'm cleaning grout, ins...
I hope I get to hear some tall tales when he's here. Those sound too amusing to pass up.
ReplyDelete