Monday, February 21, 2011

PSYCH!

David's asking for another post, so let me thrill you with my life.
Elijah the artist/scientist.
E has lost interest in his toys. He is usually in the junk closet discovering and creating.


Another funny tidbit about Elijah. On Saturday he got the Stealing Lecture. He took a candy from a store. The kid might be turning into a klepto. I used to think he was an exemplary student. Every day after school he would show me a treat and say it had been given to him because he had behaved well. Then, I started watching more carefully and realized he was pulling the treats out of other kids’ lunchboxes from their cubbies.
kleptomaniac + mythomaniac = my son.
Poor kid wants me to believe he is well behaved. Clever little one.

Speaking of well-behaved, Elijah's teachers specifically asked David to stop this:

and this:

And I'm pretty sure the "figgy 4" would have been on the list too:
Friday we will have our 3rd parent/teacher conference in 3 months to assess D & E's progress.

More on David. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and I heard David screaming at the top of his lungs from our bathroom shower (at opposite ends of our apartment). My first reaction was to check and make sure Iris was alive. She was. My second thought was that the poor man must have slipped and broken something…No, just wanted me to get the soap that was 3 feet away from him b/c I wasn’t already busy enough getting the other 4 members of our family ready for church. What goes through men's heads? The good news is that I have learned to laugh instead of fume in these situations.

The kids and I went to the Bodies Discovered exhibit today. They loved seeing the cadavers and body parts. Of course their favorite parts were the private parts. When we got out, E explained to me the condensed plan of salvation (we get old, we die, we live with God, we get better bodies) and asked to return to the museum.

And one last thing. Remember how I threatened to go private and then I didn't go private?
PSYCH!!!!! (did you think you were in the 80s for a minute there?)
Reasons:
1) I live in Mexico. Is having a blog really going to add more risk to my life?
2) No offense private bloggers, but I don't read your blogs often. There's love, but also simple laziness.
3) Simple laziness. I can spend an hour putting a post together, but taking a few minutes to learn how to go private is beyond the scope of my Natural Man lazy tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...