So, I wrote that last night. Yes, I was a little angry. Besides the mission and the years of my childhood innocence, I have never been disconnected this long. Goodness, China might have imploded in the past 3 weeks and I would have still been over here in Mexico, smiling and falling asleep at 8pm sharp.
Anyway, on with the update: after several months, we finally have a semi-permanent address, again (in over 7 years of marriage, we have had 14 addresses: UT (1), MI (4), TX (3), NC (1), NY (3), DF (2)—one of the perks of marrying David). Since moves are so frequent, they usually coincide with big events like childbirth, baby blessings, hospital stints, anything to make life more difficult. This time, it coincided with a Nora Jones concert. Now while that might not seem stressful, the only time I ever really listen to the music of Nora Jones is when I’m in labor. My reaction to the concert: I was hoping it would be more reminiscent of a KISS concert, but couldn’t have been farther from it. David’s reaction to my reaction: “She should have at least bitten the head off an animal.”
Here I am with Iris who didn’t particularly enjoy it either.
And here’s our trip to Coyoacan: neighborhood where Frida and Diego lived.
Claire flossing.
FMT #1: Store name: Estetica Pupy (“u” pronounced “oo”). It is a beauty parlor for humans.
FMT #2: On our way to Costco we hear a blaring horn. We are looking everywhere, thinking, where in the world is that noise is coming from. We cross a very busy intersection and look into the face a train moving straight towards us. There’s a guy standing on the front of it waving a flashlight. Apparently the train guardrails and flashing train signs are out of style here. Just look for the dude with the flashlight.
And a sub-list called FMTYCBWWAAS (Funny Mexican Things you can Buy While Waiting at a Stoplight):
FMTYCBWWAAS: David bought E a punching bag and boxing gloves. Windshield wipers. One I’ve seen a lot is breakfast-in-bed trays. Huge, laminated multiplication tables.
And I'll finish with a picture of a beautiful baby.
Oh yeah, and Happy Thanksgiving. We ate at an Asian fusion restaurant and tried to pry "I'm thankful for..." statements out of the kids. One more year of successfully dodging cooking.
Oh Caroline, how much I love and miss your humor. But I'm glad you're connected again. Those rude minion monkeys of Carlos Slim. I agree. Customer service in general is a joke. I'm also sorry Nora Jones was such a bore. Someone needs to teach her stage manners (at least one thing set on fire/eaten/disected on a huge screen or all three). Happy Thanksgiving again!
ReplyDelete