Thursday, April 8, 2010

Semana Santa

Semana Santa=week before Easter=VACATION!
On our way down to Central America, we took an extended layover in Houston. This is on the way to the airport. Can you tell I'm a little rusty at putting a carseat in the car? Poor Claire. This is actually after I tried to straighten it several times. Claire and I went straight from the airport to David Schmitt's first baseball game of the season. Claire screamed for her cousin whose team won.
Saturday Claire and I went for an early run and then drove over to Beaumont to meet the Garcia crowd which was in town for Brian’s surprise birthday party. We all went over to the Southeast Texas Fair where we enjoyed funnel cake, a monstrous corn dog, the carousel, and various other nauseating kiddie rides—me and my weak stomach.
Claire likes to pretend to be difficult at times...
and also at other times...

Cousin rivalry. But really, who wouldn't fight over such a nutritious treat? I think I hovered over this bin most of the time we were in Beaumont.
Despite the traffic (I had forgotten the joy) and sticky weather, I sure do miss me some good family lovin'!
Saturday night David and Elijah flew down. Sunday, Megan, Justin, Brian, Erica, Gabe, and the Jake and Sunnie Gruwell crew came to the Schmitt's after church. The boys entertained all with Lucha Libre, Texas style.
More on Central America later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...