Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Confessional

Confession: I directed Elijah to pee on the ground in the subway station yesterday. The kid was crying on the train because he had to go so bad, what was I supposed to do? Plus, there were several suspicious stains in the same place. The grand finale: a rat ran by a few feet away.

I can give a first-hand testimony that Elijah is not the first one to pee in the subway. Nor was that the first time he has peed in a public place. He often goes before I can stop him, or he informs me later that he just used the bushes. I was flabbergasted the first time. Where do little boys learn these things?
Could it possibly be from mothers who encourage with laughter and then force them to do it even while holding them so it won't get on their shorts ...oops. At least the rat got a show, right?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, in Belgium men peeing (yes men- as well as little boys) in public is a common enough thing. Sad and true. But hey, in some places it's (unfortunately) culturally acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat LOVES peeing in public. Just wait until Claire is trying to go in the subway station... it's just a little more conspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well he does have relations from the Big Easy does he not? LOL!!!
    I do feel your pain though~we have had to pull the van over MANY times on the side of the road for the kids to go because they just could not wait any longer~especially during hurricaine evacuation traffic!!! OH THE NIGHTMARES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I found you on Shayla's blog, and I've decided that I'm going to follow you in the blogging world. I love your kids -- they're so cute! I tell you, though, I'm jealous of your trip to Spain! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely a boy thing! When Logan was little and potty training, we went camping. He learned the joy of "go pee on the tree." When we came home, it never stopped! He would stand and pee out the back door!

    Now, he still pees wherever - but apparently it's acceptable in India. His favorite thing to do in the morning is to look out on his balcony and count how many people are doing their business in the lot across from his flat. Boys?!

    ReplyDelete

General Conferece

General Conference weekend! We picked up Elijah on Saturday night and then headed to the Provo Creamery. Fortunately for us, Elijah's fr...