
As we come to the end of the month, I will soon be cringing as I drop the rent check into the box-of-no-return. The money is not going towards something that we will one day own with a lawn or a porch. That money is gone forever. Today I calculated that we pay $4.11 monthly per square foot of living space. When we were first married, we lived in what we affectionately called “The Tool Shed,” which is probably approximately the same size as where we live now. That was a monthly $0.33 per square foot. Upon pondering this phenomenon, I started to make a pro/con list of living here, or actually a con/pro list, but I won’t detail further since I don’t want to seem the pessimist. I really do enjoy NYC, but sometimes tool sheds are appealing too. Above is a picture of us about a year after marriage. We had just moved out of The Tool Shed to NYC for the summer. Don’t we look happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment